- SAFETY – #1 priority is students’ health and well-being
- RISK MITIGATION PLAN AND PROTOCOLS – Requirement for all TTG recommended gap programs
- Covid testing requirements – by state, by country, by gap program, by airline.
Center for Disease Control
Note that conditions can change rapidly in a country at any time. To receive updated travel alerts-travel.state.gov/stayingconnected
Overseas Security Advisory Council
OSAC is working with the U.S. private sector and relevant U.S. government agencies to provide appropriate guidance regarding the ongoing worldwide outbreak of COVID-19. OSAC will publish benchmarking reports detailing developments pertaining to COVID-19 around the world.
WHO-World Health Organization
Q&A:COVID-19 travel advice for public.
Four Case Scenarios in time of COVID-19, 2021
- Stay at home, restricted movement: Over 20 online program recommendations.
- Local options with limited movement: volunteer, internship, environmental, wilderness, faith-based, education, job recommendations, career and business development, within community or state (based on state guidelines).
- Domestic travel within the United States: gap programs from Hawaii to Alaska to the US Virgin Islands in marine conservation to wilderness, to animal rescue to sailing to skills and certifications.
- International travel: check on foreign restrictions and quarantine requirements; check with US Embassies or Consulates in country. Check to see if state by state allowance; if borders are open outside of bubble; and if airline travel is operating. Opportunities in language, entrepreneurship and tech, paid work, education, alternative education, specialized achievements, equestrian, writing, art, theater, dance, art, certifications, and more.